My current research focuses on the following two themes: mixed reality environments in the context of language learning and intercultural competence and the design of computational thinking experiences for STEAM learners. Some of the recent work I am involved in are:
- Ardito, G. P., Czerkawksi, B. & Scollins, L. (accepted). Learning computational thinking together: Collaboration and robotics in a 6th grade math/science classroom. TechTrends.
- Czerkawski, B. C. & Berti, M. (work-in-progress) Towards an implementation approach to augmented reality: An instructional design approach. Article
- Czerkawski, B. C. & Berti, M. (work-in-progress). Professional language learning in the 21st century: Current Status and Future Directions. Book Chapter.
Here is a list of current presentations:
- Czerkawski, B. & Berti, M. (2020). An instructional design approach for the implementation of augmented reality in higher education. Intercultural Competence Conference. January 23-26, 2020. Tucson, AZ.
- Czerkawski, B. & Berti, M. (2019). Pedagogical considerations for mobile-based augmented reality learning environments. International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication, Technologies and Learning. October 31-November 1, 2019. Thessaloniki, Greece. International Association for Online Engineering.
- Berti, M. & Czerkawski, B. (2019). Designing and implementing mixed reality in language education. AZCALL Conference. October 19, 2019. Tempe, AZ.
- Czerkawski, B., & Ardito, G. (2019). Instructional design practices in teacher education programs. Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) Conference. March 18-22, 2019. Las Vegas, NV.
- Ardito, G., & Czerkawski, B. (2019). The effects of gender and literacy in the development of computational thinking skills in 6th grade students. Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) Conference. March 18-22, 2019. Las Vegas, NV.
Here is the link to the book that I edited: “Free and Open Source Software for E-Learning“